Friday, July 15, 2011

Twitter, Reader, and Product Reviews

I thought today's class was quite interesting. We talked extensively about Twitter and Google Reader - two things that I've been using for a few years and love to use. I thought the Twitter discussion was really cool. I already felt like I knew how to use Twitter really well, but it was eye-opening to see how it could be used in different (and perhaps more productive) ways than I already use it. Like Kristin mentioned in class, the hashtags I typically use on my personal account are quite snarky. It was interesting to see hashtags actually used as a handy tool.

I'm also pretty excited that we're using Google Reader. I go on Reader multiple times a day, so I'm looking forward to using something with which I'm familiar for an academic purpose. I like to think of Google Reader as my own personal newspaper filled with information that I actually care about.

This product review deal should be interesting. I'll be reviewing Adobe Acrobat X. On one hand, I'm excited because I used to use Acrobat all the time at my old job to make fillable forms, and I actually had a lot of fun doing that. On the other hand, I'm not sure I feel "qualified" enough to be reviewing computer software...that seems like something engineers or people who program for fun would be good at, not so much me. We shall see how this goes...

2 comments:

  1. I got on my Google Reader and saw that you wrote a post! Until I read your newspaper analogy, I still hadn't considered using it for stuff outside of class. Does it work for blogs on the New York Times, like the Lede and Fivethirtyeight? That would be super cool.

    I feel the same way about product reviewing; it makes me feel cool, but I don't feel like I have the credentials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Brianne YES - I read the New York Times -- articles AND blogs -- through Google Reader.

    @Caroline #iamsogladyoulovesnarkyhashtags

    ReplyDelete

Followers