Monday, August 1, 2011

Last Class of the Summer!

I thought our last session was awesome. It was great to hear from so many people currently teaching in the field. One of the things that I noticed was that they all had their own favorite technologies that they like to use in and out of the classroom. A few times over the course of this class, I have felt a bit overwhelmed - I would think, "I'm supposed to use Twitter, Google Docs, Google Reader, podcasts, Facebook, and all these technologies all at the same time in the classroom???" It seemed like a bit much to be taking on in a classroom setting (however, don't most of us already use all the things together regularly in our personal lives?), but it was helpful to see that the teachers we talked to pick and choose what technologies they like using.

One of the things that was brought up a few times by the teachers was Moodle. It sounds like a great tool, and I hope we'll get to cover it in class later this year. It was what I wished for on Wallwisher (another great tool!). Moodle sounds similar to a Google site (a few of which I've made before), but I'm very interested to find out the testing options through the site.

Overall, I've really enjoyed the first part of this class. I feel like I've learned about a few great new tools to use, and have become more familiar with the things we covered that I had already been using. I'm looking forward to the point/counterpoint projects, although not quite as much as I'm looking forward to having a month off to relax.....who am I kidding? I have a wedding to plan, there will be no relaxing this month! Oh well, maybe next June.

Anyway, happy August, everyone!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Caroline, I'm very happy to hear that our guests convincingly made the case that you *should* be picking and choosing among these tech tools, rather than feeling like you have to be using everything....that's a very important take-away.
    Best of luck with your wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - planning a wedding during your MAC break should win you an award! We are strategizing about how to work with Moodle - we heard you and your colleagues loud and clear!

    ReplyDelete

Followers